POSTED: September 20, 2012 (DOWNLOAD PDF VERSION)
Arts Program Coordinator
The Cypress Performing Arts Association is seeking a reliable detail-oriented self-starter, with a passion for chamber music and an ability to look at the big picture as well as handle the details.
About the Organization
The Cypress Performing Arts Association is the parent organization of the Cypress String Quartet (CSQ), its resident ensemble. The CSQ is dedicated to achieving the highest level of performance by championing works by living American composers, exploring the classic string quartet repertoire, and uncovering unjustly overlooked works from the 20th century. For further background, please review our website at www.cypressquartet.com
Responsibilities / Duties
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate all aspects of the Call and Response program which is an annual concert preceded by visits to Bay Area regional schools. Develop program materials; coordinate and organize school visits; develop curriculum; manage all aspects of concert production.
• Manage the organization’s database for marketing and development (fundraising) information, including data entry and data quality control; develop and generate reports to support fundraising objectives and analyses
• Participate with the Executive Director and others from the organization in the development of marketing, communication and other strategic plans
• Manage the donor acknowledgement process across all levels of supporters; including writing thank you letters
• Manage the email marketing processes for announcements, general solicitations and other communications; track and process Do Not Email requests; produce reports on email marketing effectiveness
• Manage concert production details
• Manage the administration of the office: answer/screen telephone calls; pick up, read and distribute mail; support accounting needs; fulfill requests for publicity materials; fill CD orders; order supplies; keep office organized
• Manage social media marketing – coordinate the development and implementation of content (written + images) for CSQ website, Twitter, and Facebook to enhance the Quartet’s overall presence consistent with marketing and communications strategies and goals.
• Prepare materials for Board meetings: maintain Board-‐related information “archive”
• Other special projects as determined by staff
The successful candidate for the Arts Coordinator position will be a self-‐motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. BA required; some administrative background preferred. Position is full time. Salary commensurate with experience. No health care benefits offered at the present time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Ability to manage multiple diverse projects and tasks at once / throughout the day
• Attention to detail and quality
• High level of organization
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals
• Excellent English writing and verbal skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media and website management tools
• Comfortable with technology, and eager to learn new applications, features and/or capabilities
• Passion for classical music
Commensurate with experience.
Submit an introductory letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org